Expressions of interest for positions are always welcome.
All applications for employment at Kalyra Communities must include:
- A covering Letter.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resumé.
- Name and contact details of two current work referees.
- Registration details if applicable.
All applicants must be willing to undergo a Criminal History Check or hold current Clearance (not more than 3 months old). Ongoing employment is conditional on completion of a National Criminal History Check that meets organisational standards.
All applicants must also be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical and health screen.
Current Positions Available
In all of its endeavours, the Kalyra Communities strives for excellence. This can only be achieved by setting the example itself and selecting staff who can perform at that level. Kalyra Communities has established, through staff and volunteer involvement, the following set of values which describe the desired attitudes and behaviours by all those associated with it.
- Caring: daily acts of kindness
- Enabling: making it possible
- Community: where each individual is recognised
- Commitment: here for the right reasons
- Strengths: building on strengths
As a small to medium sized provider of aged care services, you would be joining a boutique organisation focused on exceptional quality in every aspect of care delivery. Our dedicated staff work in a range of diverse roles with opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
As an employee of Kalyra Communities you can expect:
- A competitive workplace agreement providing many above award conditions and a significant range of staff benefits and supports.
- More disposable income through access to salary packaging: www.cbb.com.au
- An environment that supports innovation and initiative.
- A Learning Culture that encourages development
- Acknowledgment that life outside of work is important by having family friendly policies and practices in place, with many positions being part time to suit personal needs.
The Kalyra Communities likes to support all new employees on commencement and continues that support throughout their time with the Trust. For example the Trust offers:
- Paid orientation and ‘buddy’ supported shifts for all new employees
- Staff training and development
- Staff scholarships
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program – counseling support for employees and their family
- Wellbeing Program including free physiotherapy.
Download Employee Rewards Brochure (PDF)
Prefer to talk? Give us a call on 8278 5444Contact us today