The James Brown Memorial Trust has been here for 125 years and over that time we have grown and changed.
Reflecting our historical diversity, accommodation is also offered through five locations across Adelaide in our James and Jessie Brown Cottages, designed for simple, sustainable low-cost living, enabling people to step out of risk of homelessness, supported by agencies, into a more secure future.
We also provide services offering Help at Home for those in their own home or in independent living of any kind right across the Adelaide Hills, southern suburbs, Fleurieu, Murray Bridge and Victor Harbor.
General Purpose Financial Report (to 30 June 2019)
Tina (C V) Hudson BA (Psych)
- Chair since July 2019
- Trustee since May 2006
- Director of Harnessing Talent.
Darren C Klenk BA(Ec) Grad Dip (Acc.) Grad Dip (Fin. Pl.).
- Deputy Chair since December 2014
- Trustee since May 2009
- Director of DC and SJ Klenk Investments Pty Ltd trading as DK Accounting and Tax Solutions, Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, Member of the Taxation Institute of Australia, Registered Tax Agent.
Maria Fedoruk JP, B App Sc (Nsg Ad), MHA, PhD, RN
- Trustee since August 2013
- Consultant Surveyor Australian Council on Health Care Standards
Geof D Mitchell BA, JP
- Chair July 2012 – December 2014
- Trustee since 1990
- Chair and committee member of various voluntary organisations.
28 May 2020
James Brown Memorial Trust, known as Kalyra Communities, was established in 1892 by Jessie Brown, in memory of her late husband James, with the aim of providing services for people in need.
Today the Trust has a focus on aged care services in South Australia including residential aged care, community services and independent retirement living. The Trust also has a commitment to the provision of affordable housing enabling people to step out of risk of homelessness and into a more secure future, supported by community agencies.
Trustees with experience in one or more of the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Public relations
- Research, particularly in relation to ageing
- Information technology, particularly as it relates to the support of the aged and or disadvantaged
Successful applicants will ideally be experienced board members with a sound understanding of corporate governance and a demonstrated ability to make a meaningful contribution to strategic decision-making and corporate oversight in aged care.
Please email your application in confidence to email@example.com
For enquiries and a trustee application pack phone (08) 8278 5444
Download the trustee vacancy notice
Robert Stobbe BB (Acc) FCPA, MAICD
- Trustee since February 2012
- Director of Utilities Management Pty Ltd, Energy Networks Association and Operation Flinders, President Asthma Foundation SA
Malcolm S Wight BA (Acc), CA, FTIA
- Trustee since September 2008
- Director of William Buck. Chair, Treasurer and Board Member Glenelg Community Hospital
Anthony Maeder BSC, BSC (Hons), MSc, PhD, GCED
- Trustee since October, 2017
- Aged Care industry. Information Technology Council Advisor.
- Trustee since May, 2018
- Finance industry. Non-Executive Director Volunteering SA/NT.