Kalyra's Help at Home Services
A helping hand to stay at home
Kalyra offers a wide range of home support, clinical and allied health services, equipment and home modifications to help you to live independently, in your home for as long as possible. A personalised and comprehensive support plan is developed in collaboration with you, incorporating a range of disciplines and allied health professionals for your needs.
Support services offered
All our staff are professionally trained to meet our high quality standards
- Personal assistance, including individual attention, supervision, and physical assistance
- Bathing, showering including providing shower chairs if necessary, personal hygiene and grooming, dressing and undressing, and using dressing aids
- Transfer (including in and out of bed).
Activities of daily living
- Memory support and assistance with cognitive impairment including individual therapy and access to programs designed to prevent or manage a particular condition
- Assistance with communication
- Assistance to address difficulties arising from impaired hearing, sight or speech, or lack of common language
- Assistance with the fitting of sensory communication aids, checking hearing aid batteries, cleaning spectacles and assistance using the telephone.
- Assistance to access support services to maintain personal affairs
- Emotional support adjusting to a lifestyle of involving increased dependency
Nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and diet
- Meal preparation assistance
- Nutrition & dietary support, including special diets for health, cultural or religious reasons
- Feeding and drinking assistance
- Providing enteral feeding formula and equipment.
- Management of skin integrity
- Providing bandages, dressings, and skin emollients
- Medication management
- Continence management including assessment and supply of continence aids
- Clinical care
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Hearing and vision services.
- Access to other allied health services
- Referrals to health practitioners
- Respite Care
- Rehabilitative support
Mobility and dexterity
- Laundry, dry-cleaning & Ironing
- Home and garden maintenance, to maintain functional safety and security
- Modifications to the home, such as easy access taps, shower hose or bath rails
- Access to technical advice on major home modifications needed to maintain independence
- Advice on areas of the home that pose safety risks and ways to mitigate the risks
- Providing 24-hour on-call access to emergency assistance including access to an emergency call system if the care recipient is assessed as requiring it
Leisure, interests, and activities
- Arranging social activities
- Transport to social functions and other services
- Transport and assistance to shop
- Transport and assistance to visit health practitioners
- Encouragement to take part in social and community activities that promote and protect the care recipient’s lifestyle, interests, and wellbeing.
- Reviewing care plan
- Scheduling care & services
Help At Home